How to Stop a Nosebleed
- Stopping a Nosebleed Without NoseAid
- Sit up, do not tilt head.
- Gently blow nose to remove clots.
- Squeeze soft portions of the nose and maintain gentle pressure for 10 minutes.
- Sit quietly for 30 minutes and avoid strenuous activity for 6-8 hours.
- If you are unable to stop the nosebleed after 30 minutes, seek medical attention.
- Stopping a Nosebleed With NoseAid
- Sit up while using the NoseAid. Do not tilt head.
- Gently blow nose to remove blood clots.
- Open the pads by squeezing the arms together.
- Place the NoseAid on the soft part of the nose (see photo on front of box).
- Sit quietly for 10 minutes with NoseAid in place.
- If bleeding continues, reposition NoseAid. If bleeding does not stop (with NoseAid in place) seek further medical attention.
- After 10 minutes, remove NoseAid and continue to sit quietly for 20 minutes or more.
- If bleeding restarts, repeat steps 2 through 7. Seek further medical attention if bleeding does not stop after three attempts.
- Avoid physical activity for 4 hours.